5 Truths for Your Journey
I want to encourage you that in this life, the Journey into Grace is a long process, so don’t get discouraged if you trip and fall along the way. Here are a few things I’m still learning.
- There is no substitute for reading God’s Word. I’ve tried skipping on days when I’m up to my neck in work. But I’m the loser. It’s like skipping meals and still expecting to have the stamina you need.
- My physical condition affects my spiritual condition.After an extensive ministry tour, Jesus knew the disciples were exhausted, so He said, “Let’s go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile” (Mark 6:31 NLT). Don’t be surprised that feeling “down” spiritually often comes at the same time you’re “down” physically.
- I need to keep ever before me the two great commandments:
- To love God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength
- To love my neighbor as myself
Nothing else matters as much. Yet, it’s so easy to forget to keep the “main thing the main thing.”
- I need prayer time that is intimate, not just a laundry list of requests. Making a connection with my heavenly Father is the most important part of prayer.
- Every night I need the Lord’s invitation, “Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28).I tend to carry my burdens to bed with me. Can you relate? That’s why I love to hear God’s voice at the end of the day inviting me to come to Him and receive the rest only He can give.
Oh, Lord, help me--and my brothers and sisters on the path with me-- to grow in our relationship with You as we progress on our Journey into Grace.